What is Transition Coordination?
Cuyahoga Valley Career Center provides Transition Coordination Services to each of our eight associate school districts.
Transition Coordination is a related service offered to students in high school and currently on an Individual Educational Plan (IEP).
Services could include:
- Early transition services
- Work study services--students have the opportunity to earn elective school credit and money by working in the community.
- Postsecondary transition services
The Transition Coordinator...
- Provides a continuum of services to promote transition from school-to-work.
- Assists school personnel on IEP team with transition planning.
- Supports students in job search who have been referred for work study.
- Serves as a liaison between schools and career activities.
- Coordinates the Career Assessment.
- Monitors students work-for-credit experiences.
- Assists with infusion of employment skills into the curriculum.
Penny L. Haser, M.Ed., Transition Coordinator
[email protected] School districts: Nordonia, Twinsburg
Bernadette Bodnar, M.Ed. Transition Coordinator
[email protected] School districts: Cuyahoga Heights, Garfield Heights, North Royalton
Laurie Riddle, M.Ed., Transition Coordinator
[email protected] School districts: Brecksville/Broadview Heights, Independence, Revere