The primary purpose of the Auto Service Technology Program is to enable the student to obtain basic theory and technical foundation for entry level skills in the job market.
To demonstrate that the students have obtained this level of performance, they will:
1. Work and use all tools and equipment in a safe and professional manner.
2. Use their related technical skills in diagnosis.
3. Demonstrate and develop their manipulative skills.
4. Display professionalism and good workmanship in tasks performed.
5. Develop leadership skills through SkillsUSA.
6. Demonstrate the ability to communicate with customers and fellow students.
7. Display the ability to think in a rational manner.
8. Preserve physical and mental health through good and safe work practices.
These objectives will be measured by means of the instructor observation, written, oral and performance testing, change of attitude, student involvement and finish products.